Saturday, November 3, 2012

Homo Gawd?!

Today I write about a place that is in our coverage area, it is, shall we say, a campground for just men. When I first started with this company I had heard of weird happenings at this place from other servicemen. Now the older gentleman are very religious and very unhappy with what the patrons of this establishment partake in. Whatever. So on a nice spring morning I got a job and started towards the address. I pull down a gravel driveway heading into the woods, I come to a gate. On the other side of this gate is a small building, a check in booth I guess you would say. Out comes a little fellow with the tightest t-shirt I've ever seen on a person in my life. Once he spoke I knew where I was, the place the elders spoke of. Now I don't give a rat's butt about what people do in their spare time, besides I'm working and I have to be professional. The little fella gives me directions on where to go to meet the person I need to about the trouble. I drive up this long road through the woods to a log cabin on the hill. As I'm pulling up, there is a gentleman wearing Daisy Dukes and a Brawny style button up shirt that is tied in the front at the bottom, with no buttons buttoned. He starts to skip/run out of my way telling that I can park here as he points to where he just was. I park, grab my stuff and start walking towards the door. I have to walk up onto a deck to get to the door, and the Daisy Dukes character is on the deck already speaking to another guest saying "You just don't know how hard I was trying to get you to $#%@ me last night."  I automatically blurted out "SERVICEMAN RIGHT HERE!!!" which I don't know where it came from but it did...lol. I got kind of a weird look from them both but hey, if I have to be professional, I think the same respect is due my way. Well I get inside and another person greets me and says they will get the boss, be right back. All of a sudden from around the corner walks a midget?! Instantly in my head I'm thinking, their efin with me...they gotta be. It was like they were throwing everything at me to see if I would break, but I can take it. Why you might ask, because I find life funny, and till you do some weird freaky deaky stuff I'm not cracking. The problem got fixed and things went more normal after that. But on the drive out you have to pass the pool, now who would have known that men like to sunbath nude... And for those ladies out there that might think this is not a bad thing, this was not your Chip and Dale dancers, it was more like Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong. Now I don't have to work in that area much anymore, but when I did I met some of the workers there that were very nice. Kinda funny, they called me because their main gate wasn't working properly and wanted me to meet the gate guy there. No problem, come to find out, the gate guy was VERY RELIGIOUS and refused to step on the grounds. Now how can you work for a company but refuse to fix a problem, just because of where it's at? I told them to tell him, that he needs only to come to the gate, and that your not inviting him to a pool party!
Have a good day all,
Marc