Friday, October 12, 2012

Just Put It Anywhere

Here you have a young 20 something male from the Philippines living in a one bedroom apartment. He sleeps on the mattress on the floor. But this space is much more than a bedroom, he has magically turn it into a gaming room /dining room /library /and I think a bathroom to an extent. I was there to fix his internet problem, ok no problem. Now I said it was a one bedroom apartment, but I heard multiple people in that one bedroom, yet no one ever came out. And I think I heard an animal in there too? Whatever, back to my friend, he had just spent a couple hundred dollars on his new PlayStation and wanted to play!!! Now he was explaining to me how many friends he had online and that they were missing his extremely great gaming skills, and that I needed to get him "back in there!" as he said. Now as you can see from the picture above, there are things thrown everywhere, and some of these things had an odor to them. Just a side note, I went back by this place about a month ago and the maintenance men had the apartment GUTTED...and I mean GUTTED, down to studs. But my questions about this certain job are, one is this a better place that he lives in now then from where he came? Two, you have enough ambition to find a ride to a store to buy a PlayStation, yet you can't pick up a thing off your floor? Three, is there even a reason for him to bath, cause I would think you would just get dirty when you sat down ANYWHERE in this place. But the happy ending to the story is it was working when I left. You know when a person says excuse the mess they usually clean up, but just hadn't that day or so...he never said anything about the mess...