Saturday, October 20, 2012

Really?!

So today was a crappy day, and of course all the wonderful people in the world seem to need help on these kind of days. The first job I had today was to fix something for a man from New York, and when I'm having a bad morning, the last thing I want is a very talkative person just yapping away in my ear. He is like a few customers in the sense he thinks he knows my job better than I. Now in some cases I would not dispute this, but today, I do. He just keeps talking and telling me what is not happening for him. Now his accent is very thick in that Italian New York style voice, and he just keeps talking. Just for mental picture, imagine Vinnie Barbarino telling you how to do your job. For those that are too young to remember Vinnie, use this link-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJbn7q19WZk&noredirect=1. If I hear someone say "they are just trying to bust my balls" again I'm gonna scream. Basically the customer plugged the wrong thing into the wrong part and it made it not work. Once I was done the customer told me, "good thing your here, I have no clue about these computers." WHAT?! You just lectured me on how to do all this, now you play dumb?But the day is about done, I can look back and laugh at it, but damn, I need these customers later in the day. And on a side note, I leave a card with my work cell number wrote on the back for the customers to call me directly in case they need my assistance again. No biggie, better than getting a repeat and the customer feels like you care...fair enough. I get a call hell I'd say about a year ago from a VERY irate gentleman, asking me "Is this Marc?" Me, "Yes." Him, "who the ____ are you and why are you leaving my wife your number?!" Now why this wife didn't explain to her husband who I was, or the fact that my name was on a business card that has our company logo on it might have been a clue, but he choose not to investigate and instead scream at me.
Please yell at your wife for cheating before you call me,
Marc