Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Halloweirdo

It is the time of the year again where the leaves are changing colors, it's getting darker earlier, and the freaks around here are making up their very own Halloween decorations. Now I'm totally fine with the holiday that starts the seasons off, especially this year, cause my grandson turns one in a few days and it just kind of revitalized my Halloween spirit all together. But riding around and seeing what people are coming up with makes me laugh, like the washing machine on a persons front porch all decked out in orange and purple lights. Now this is probably the closest this particular appliance has had electricity run towards it in I'd say a few years. Still not sure if the scary skull and cross bones blanket covering the trailer windows are for Halloween or are just the most coolest/awesomest curtains they could find. And yes I said blankets, I've seen aluminium foil, trash bags, sleeping bags, and even a piece of cardboard as window treatments. They also like to make haystacks into spiders, which is kinda cool, and it gives the kids a reason to spray paint something. I've seen things hanging from trees that I'm not really sure what they are made of or what they are supposed to be, but we will call them dirty ghosts for now. Then you have a person that doesn't have enough love for a dog to bring them inside, EVER, but finds the time to decorate the dog house/old 55 gallon drum. Or the one guy that dresses up his goats? I really like the houses that incorporate last years Christmas lights, why they are still up no clue, but heck your almost there now...keep'em up. The one place I went to, had so much colorful trash outside I wasn't really sure if it was for the holiday or the people just liked bright things all over their yard. Don't get me started on some of the things I've seen carved into pumpkins...lol rednecks.
Hope everybody has a safe a Happy Halloween,
Marc