Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pet Pee'ves

Today I write about something that irritates me more than any other thing I've come across in my profession. Now before I start to rant, I would like to explain that I have seen a many strange things in peoples houses. I've been in houses you could eat off the floor, and houses that I don't even like to walk in with my boots on. I've seen peoples weird hobbies/obsessions, odd art, odd furniture, even odd looking kids in weird objects(whole other story), etc...But my biggest gripe has to be people with indoor animal that don't make them do their business outdoors. Case in point, older lady with a lot of crap in the house, has a few cats and a chihuahua. The dog's name was Little Big Head, but she called it LBH for short?! Well LBH liked a certain phone jack in this house, would have been nice to know this prior to me kneeling down, and he liked to relieve himself on this jack. Well the little guy has one hell of a bladder, or she is REALLY that lazy. My pants at the knee section went to an instant wetness, no semi-soaking, just straight to a cold chill on the knee. After I calmed down from that surprise, I touched the jack. Did you know dog urine will start to become like an industrial strength glue if not cleaned off...now I do! So I asked if it would be ok if I could put the jack higher so that LBH couldn't reach it, after some discussion she agreed. Why there was a discussion is beyond me, but I'm the crazy one!!! One last note I have seen dog poop on a customers living room floor that was white and starting to flake. Wasn't on the direct walking path but it was next to the couch. If the serviceman sees it and he doesn't live there, shouldn't the home owner have seen it too?
Have a better day,
Marc