Monday, October 15, 2012

Everybody Got To Live Somewhere

Today I had an order to put service in at a customers house, no big deal. So I went to where our equipment is and did everything on my side that had to be done. But arriving at the address of the residence, I see an old pull behind camper. There was a dog and a dog house, which frankly look better put together than the camper, a small make shift front porch, and a few beer cans scattered around the porch. I knock on the camper and out comes the most ______ of a women. I'll let you fill in the blank. She wore a robe that her stringy/greasy hair seemed to cling to like velcro. The wonderful aroma of cigarettes and Lysol bellowed out of the small abode, and it kinda made me cough a little. After asking a few questions I kind of surveyed the area and determined that I couldn't do the work until a buried wire was placed. So I went back to explain this to the lovely women in the camper. Who would've known THIS is what was going to set her off?! I was then explained to in great detail about how she is on disability and that she can't live without her phone and that "at any minute she could go into one of her spells!" I don't know when I became a bartender or a psychologist, but people feel the need to tell me things that I shouldn't know about random strangers!!! But after the long feel sorry for me story, I again explained there was nothing I could do to help her at this time. Now don't think I'm a person that doesn't have compassion, but where I live, I would say about 58% of the people are on some sort of disability. Hence the reason I can never get a fully charged www.Hoveround.com/Wheelchairs @ WalMart. The real moral to the story is...every bodies got to live somewhere.
Ok that's my random story for the day,
Marc