Saturday, December 1, 2012

So You Wanna Talk About It, Huh?

People say and do weird things and I understand that's everywhere, but why some feel so comfortable talking about private things with a complete stranger just because they're in their house, is beyond me. I understand telling a bartender your troubles, your usually drunk and don't mind talking. But what about a repairman looks like they can be confided in? First thing that comes to mind is a customer tried starting a conversation with the topic of testicular cancer?! What do you even say to that? Or the lady that was explaining to me about her ex cutting her phone line, slashing her tires, following her around town, and how he's really jealous of her being around other men. "Whoa, wait, what? I'm in your place right now!" Never ever involve yourself in a weird domestic dispute, that was the quickest I've ever fixed anything. Now there is the occasional elderly person that is just lonely and wants someone to talk to. I have no problem with that, just when they seem a little more than eager to wanna pinch, touch, or even rub your back...very creepy, very creepy! "Ma'am, I'm here for a service, not that kind of service!" You know one of them completely ignored that and was still trying to paw all over me lol. Must have had her hearing aid off. You have the people that like to tell you all the things that are going wrong in there lives, "My Mom wants me to move out because I won't pay her rent and says all I do is drugs in here when she's not home." Ok, you look about 37, maybe it is time to move on? Or the guy that was in total disbelief that he was fired for calling out sick too much. "How many days did you call out?" "12 days out of 23 last month." How did he keep his job that long? Then you have the church people, please don't be offend by this term. These are the ones that are going to tell you about God from the minute you walk in the door till the minute you leave. I'm all for what you believe in, but do we really need to cram it down ones throat? An invite to your church or even a pamphlet is fine, but to break out your leather cased bible and start reading it to me like your acting it out, is just slightly overboard. There was the old pervert that liked to go to all the local bar/restaurants and try to friend up with the female waitresses/bartenders so he could get pictures with them. He tried showing them all to me while I was working. He loved Hooter's, imagine that, but he really thought he had a legitimate shot at being with any of these women. The other thing about going to peoples homes, they feel comfortable there, and by all means they should. But if I'm coming in and you know it, put on the proper attire please. Men this means more than just tighty whiteys and a robe that's not tied shut. Women, this means a bra, especially if you are over the 300 lb. mark and are no taller than 5' 3"...you know who you are too!  NEVER is it like the movies on Cinemax, no hot women coming to the door half dressed, just Honey Boo Boo's mother in a nightie.
 I guess it takes all kinds to make this lovely world go round,
Marc