Friday, January 25, 2013

Mother Nature's Sense of Humor

The long delay since the last post has been due to a crap load of rain, snow, and now today freezing rain. And for someone that has to be outdoors for the majority of his job, it sucks! But low and behold, some customers make it even more miserable. In the first week, which was a majority of rain, I had encountered a lovely driver who felt the need to try and splash the guy that has to be in the rain fixing things, while he's trying to set up his ladder next to the road. Then I had a women who insisted I fix her internet as soon as possible, but wouldn't let me in her house cause I was all wet?! Touché to the elderly women who talked to me from inside her house while I stood on her porch that had no cover over it, for 15 minutes. There really isn't that many questions you can have about a trouble that was now fixed. My fault, should have just called her to prove that it worked, and than we could of had the in depth conversation about nothing. I am sorry you have no one around to talk to, but I'm getting soaked here. Now to the person that has a driveway made of dirt and grass, what did you think a heavy van and 3 days of constant rain would do to the passageway into your single wide palace? Of course I'm gonna make a rut, get some gravel or something. But the kicker here is that their trash was all over the yard. Priorities people! Then mid day Thursday we get the snow, once again another favorite of mine to work in. Then this fine Friday we got a wonderful frozen rain to coat everything in a thick layer of ice. Now yes, I work outside and know this is just part of it, but to have to deal with the idiots that we do along with the bad weather, I just call foul. I like the people that really have no reason to go out in this weather but just feel the need to be obstacles to the rest of us that do have to. Every one's had to have seen the person that scraps the ice off their windshield just in front of them. Not the whole window, just a small circle right in front of their face?! I really believe that if they could, they would just do two small holes for their eyeballs that would be it. Or the car that is just stopped in the middle of the road, for no real reason, just stopped there to look for something in the car. "No one else is on the road cause of how crappy it is, guess I can park it here and search for my lipstick." We were actually told to get off the road today because of how bad the roads are getting. But on a good note, we are only 53 days away from Spring! And on a side note, this is something that I posted on my Facebook page, I think everyone should check themselves in a mirror, if possible, before you answer the door. Check for bats in the cave, because once I saw this thing, I never made eye contact again with this customer. I literally talked to the booger. Some might think it would be polite to tell a person of this, but the whistle was so mesmerizing and slightly lulling that I just couldn't. And might want to check ones teeth or tooth in some cases, for food particles. No one likes to be waved at by a piece of broccoli, this goes to a friend of mine named Justin. He knows who he is, and he knows that I know he tried to be all sexy talking to those teachers and had NO CLUE that broccoli was there mocking him...LOL good times!!!
Go Ravens,
Marc