Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Party Like An 80 Year Old

I just want to start this off by saying that I'm not a big fan of having to work in old age homes. Something about the smell of adult urine, and old people screaming just kinda freaks me out! That said, one of my jobs today was in an old age home. I go to the customers room and knock, really loud, cause they don't hear so well, then go back to the manager's office to get her to let me in. We go back to the room where she opens the door and yells the customers name, guess what, he was there?! She leaves and I go in very cautiously, and find the man on his bed pulling up his pants. Ugh, "sorry sir." "No your fine." In my head thinking no I'm not, ewh! Start to check the phone and find his cordless has no power. Basically he plugged his cordless phone into a socket that is turned on and off by a light switch. And the light switch was turned off.  How I found this out is by tracing out his cords one to the phone jack and one to the wall socket. The problem here is that the phone cord went across his little table, but now knowing what it was under/running around on the table makes me a little sick. A dirty pair of undies and something that looked as if it was white once, but now is a brown stained color. Why? Why? Why? At this time the gentleman got himself together and joined me in the living room. Now he got a little close to me, more than I would like but he's old, I'll let it slide. Then he put his hand towards my manhood/junk and kinda brushed it?! Figuring he's old and senile, I just let it go, thinking no he didn't do that on purpose, but I did raise an eyebrow.  I then notice a few other things in the room that started to make me feel uncomfortable, like his socks dripping wet and hanging from the 42" TV. The pair of Depends hanging half in and half out of the garbage can, and SOMETHING was shut in his refrigerator door and hanging out. All I know is that it wasn't, from what I could see, a part of any food group that I have ever witnessed. I made sure he knew what had happened and tried to get him to understand so that we wouldn't have this issue in the future. I offered my goodbyes and wouldn't you know it...AGAIN with the rubbing across my pants in the groin section. I feel used and abused now! So is this the kind of crap I'm gonna have to deal with in the new year? Now I went to my van in the parking lot after I was finished, I wanted to get this down while it was still fresh in my head. Just finished typing it up then turn to find the customer I just left, 2" from my drivers window smoking a cigarette. Holy Shit!! I rolled down my window and ask him, "Everything ok sir?" "Yes, just loafing around." OMG get the $%#@ away from me! I said once again in my head. This trip did not help my phobia of old age homes, if anything it has set my progress back.
Happy New Years all, I need a drink!
Marc