Saturday, August 17, 2013

Theme Of This Post: Weird Women Encounters

I bring to the table this post, two different older women that explained to me that they have cancer and need their phones working. Both puffing on a cigarette while telling me this, life choices is what I'm chalking that up too. Next was another older woman that came to the door and told me she "wasn't expecting me", to which I replied, "Did you call in a trouble report ma'am?" And she said "Yes." So I said "Can I come in, the trouble is inside?" "NO, I wasn't expecting you!" At this point I just slowly turned away and said "Have a nice day ma'am." What am I supposed to do? Are these life's small challenges that it throws at people from time to time? How can you even combat with something like that? It's like going to a flea market and expecting brand new designer products for rock bottom prices...lol. You get what I mean, I hope. But my final thought for this post is something that happened to me very early in this week. It is something I've heard before from other technicians, but never really encountered on my own. Now I have been doing my style job for about 17 years, meaning having to go to peoples houses. Which reminds me of a time I had to go to a single wide trailer early on the morning. Now I don't remember telling this story on here but if I did, just skim over it till I get back to my original story....ok? I knock on the door to let the customer know that I was going to be raising their drop wire up off the top of their trailer. It's nice to tell people this before they hear weird noises banging on their house. So like I said I knock on the front door and a young girl, early 20's opens the door in just her bra. Realizing it's me, she jumps behind the door and screams "Oh my God, I thought you were my Dad!" Uh wait, what weird twisted family are these peoples a part of? Ok, quick old story, but back to what I was talking about before, I arrive at the customers house about 8:30 am. It's a little farm about 20-30 acres I'd say. I park at the house and I'm greeted by a older gentleman in red coveralls and rubber boots that come to right below his knees. Now he's probably 4'10" and just a cool older fellow. He explains to me about the phone, and that the box I'm looking for is in his basement. So as I'm following him around towards the basement, we exchange pleasantries about the weather and how screw mowing all this damn grass. As we get close to the door I can hear a woman talking. He opens the door and I follow, to which he turns to the left, as do I. When I turn and look up, there is the woman talking on the phone that was reported not working but she is bent over facing me and the water balloons were just a dangling. She was butt a$$ naked. I immediately turned and walked about 25 feet outside the door and just stared at the cows. I know that my face had to be as red as his coveralls. I heard him say, "The phone mans here, put your clothes on." A few seconds later he told me to "Come on, she's gone." I later figured out that was where their shower was, but DAMN, I wasn't expecting full frontal nudity of a 80+ year old woman. It's supposed to be a young skinny vibrant late 20ish female, this isn't a fantasy AT ALL!!! I had to later come back after I fixed the problem and talk face to face with both of them. I tried to direct all eye contact with him. I don't think she knew what I saw, but he did, and it freaked me out. What do you think he would have done if I would have just stayed there and watched...lol, just kidding.
Well that's all I have,
Marc